- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Fill a large soup pot with water and bring to a boil.
- While you are waiting for the water to boil, cover the bottom of another big soup pot with the butter and oil and over medium heat saute the onion, celery, and carrots until the onions become translucent.
- Crumble in the sausage and ground beef and add salt and pepper before meat is fully cooked.
- Add the zucchini, basil and tomatoes, mix well, and let the meat and veggies cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally for another 10-15 minutes.
- In the meantime, remove the tops of the bell-peppers and rinse well to remove seeds
- By now your water should be boiling. Place the bell peppers gently into the boiling water and submerge them for 5-6 minutes or until the bell peppers are just a little tender but not falling apart.
- Pull the bell peppers out of the water with tongs, and arrange in a large baking dish. Fill each bell pepper with the meat mixture and bake in your preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Cook ground turkey in either multipurpose seasoning or a taco seasoning here http://skinnyms.com/skinny-ms-taco-…
- Saute the cauliflower rice in butter till soft.
- Rinse beans and corn
- Add all ingredients into prepping containers (PICTURED ABOVE)
- Feel free to drizzle hot sauce or some type of dressing over the top!
Ok so when I say mom-friendly, I mean throw it in a pot and let the magic happen without you having to do much. Most of the recipes that I have chosen can also be ready in about 30 minutes or thrown in a crockpot. I don’t know about you but no matter how hard I try sometimes I don’t even think about dinner till 6:00pm (husband gets home at 6:45pm). So sometimes that means last minute trips to the grocery store or using what I have.
Ok first up, Beef and Veggie Chili!
I keep the ingredients for this chili in my house at all times! It is filling, spicy and satisfying! I got this recipe from http://www.paleonewbie.com/paleo-crockpot-chili-recipe/
Beef and Veggie Chili!
2 pounds of ground beef or ground turkey 1 onion, diced
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 red and 1 green bell pepper, both diced 1 cup of carrots, finely diced
1 cup of celery, diced
1 jalapeño, minced (1) 28-ounce jar or can of crushed or stewed tomatoes
(1) 14-ounce jar or can of diced tomatoes
(1) 15-ounce jar or can of tomato sauce
Note: Adjust the amount of jalapeño, cayenne, and chili powder to suit your own personal taste. As written, the recipe is moderately spicy.
For the Spices:
3 Tbsp of chili powder
1 Tbsp of oregano
1 Tbsp of basil
2 tsp of cumin
1 tsp of salt
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp of cayenne
For the Garnish:
4 strips of cooked bacon, crumbled
1 or 2 avocados, diced
SAUTE onions and garlic together in a large saucepan over medium heat until onion is translucent. Add in ground beef (or turkey) to the saucepan and cook just until browned. Drain excess fat. TRANSFER the cooked onions, garlic, and meat to your slow cooker.
ADD all the above vegetables and spices (except garnish ingredients) to the slow-cooker and stir to combine.SET slow cooker to LOW, cover, and slow cook for about 6 hours.
SPOON into individual bowls. Garnish with crumbled bacon and avocado slices if desired
Next up, burgers!
These are so freaking good, they are easy and my husband thinks I am fancy when I make them. 🙂 I always add the egg on top, it sounds weird but it is sooooo good! This burger fills you up without any added carbs. (There are sweet potato fries in the background but they are never necessary lol!)
Jalapeño Turkey Burgers!
Prep time 10 mins Cook time 10 mins Total time 20 mins
1 pound ground turkey (I prefer 85% lean, it has more fat which makes for a better burger!)
1⁄2-3/4 of a jalapeño pepper, (I like it hot so I use 3⁄4) 1 medium size shallot, peeled and minced
zest and juice of one lime
2 Tablespoon chopped cilantro
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
pico de gallo
poached egg (optional)
Place turkey, herbs, spices and lime in bowl and use hands to mix well. Form into four patties.
Place pan on medium heat.
Add olive oil to bottom of pan.
When pan is hot, place patties in pan and cook for about 5 minutes each side. Top with guacamole, pico de gallo and egg if desired!
Cozy weather means its time for soup!!!! So I am pretty proud of this recipe, I found the idea on https://paleoporn.com/paleo-baked-potato-soup/ and added a few more ingredients.
Whole 30 Approved Creamy Potato Soup!
4 or more strips of cooked bacon
1/2 large onion, minced
3-5 cloves garlic, minced
3lbs russet potatoes, roughly chopped
2 cups of diced carrots
1 stalk of diced celery
1 can full fat coconut milk
3 cups water
1 cup of chicken broth (whole30 approved) I only had organic better than bouillon on hand so I used that (oops).
1 tsp of celery seed
1 tsp paprika
1 tablespoon of Ghee
A couple shakes of some salt-free seasoning
coarse ground sea salt, to taste
coarse ground black pepper, to taste.
Throw it in the crockpot on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours, top with bacon and green onion.
2-INGREDIENT SLOW COOKER SALSA CHICKEN
1 lb. (about 2) boneless, skinless chicken breasts 1 1/2 cups salsa, your favorite
Serving Ideas: Use this shredded chicken for tacos salads, bowls, Lettuce wraps…The options are endless!
Topping Ideas: Tomatoes, shredded lettuce, scallions, cilantro, etc.
Place whole chicken breasts in your slow cooker and cover with salsa. Toss chicken with salsa until well coated.
Cover and cook on high for 4 hours, or low for 6-8 hours. Chicken should easily shred with a fork. Shred chicken and add back to the slow cooker. Toss with remaining salsa and juices. Serve immediately in your desired recipe, or refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 5 days.